By Carole on Aug 24, 2009
In 2003 a political phenomenon emerged known as Bush Derangement Syndrome or BDS. The term was coined by conservative columnist and psychiatrist Charles Krauthammer who defined it as “the acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people in reaction to the policies, the presidency - nay - the very existence of George W. Bush." (source) Many expected that the next political syndrome to take hold would be one similar to BDS but affecting those who oppose the new president. Instead, most of the same people who suffered from BDS have been stricken with the even more dangerous Obama Defense Derangement Syndrome (ODDS). Apparently it is not the shift of power that results in derangement but rather the susceptibility of the same group of people, mainly liberal Democrats, to these types of syndromes. Do you or someone you know suffer from ODDS? Answer the following questions to find out now:
1. Do you often argue in favor of the policies of the Obama administration even though the details of those policies have not been made public?
2. Do you attempt to deflect any criticism of President Obama with an irrelevant and unproven attack on former President Bush, former Vice President Cheney, former Defense Secretary Rumsfeld, the former White House Pastry Chef, etcetera, etcetera?
3. Do you frequently deny the veracity of any news report which criticizes President Obama, members of his administration or his policies based solely on the media outlet providing that report while at the same time refusing to even view or listen to that report?
4. Do you often lose the ability to comprehend first grade arithmetic when provided with the cost of proposed policies according to the Obama administration versus the cost of those same policies according to the Congressional Budget Office?
5. Do you defend the act of public protest as the height of American patriotism except when the protest is against the proposed policies of the Obama administration?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may suffer from Obama Defense Derangement Syndrome. You should immediately stop getting your opinions from far left websites and comedians and begin the hard work of rehabilitation. This involves actually listening to what our elected officials are saying and deciding for yourself whether or not you agree or disagree with them. You should actually read proposed legislation if it is made available before a congressional vote as was promised and if it is not made available, you should demand that that campaign promise of such transparency be kept. To prevent a relapse you should also periodically read the United States Constitution in its entirety.
It's up to you America, can we beat the ODDS?
|« Is The Media Ready To Start Working Again?||Mueller Has The Guts To Say What Obama Won't »|